No products in the cart.
Mission statement and Values
How we got here: brief story
Learn with Us
Fall 22 At-A-Glance
Past Programs & Videos
Student Survey (2022-2023)
Student Survey (2022-2023)
You are receiving this survey because you registered for a New Lehrhaus program.
Please complete the survey whether you attended or not.
Program you registered for:
Penny Wolin—Descendants of Light: American Photographers of Jewish Ancestry (Virtual on Zoom)
Andrew Porwancher: The Jewish World of Alexander Hamilton (Virtual on Zoom)
Ken Blady: Yiddish from Scratch (Virtual on Zoom)
Ken Blady: Yiddish II – Lernen Yiddish (Virtual on Zoom)
Rabbi Peretz Wolf-Prusan: Lunchtime Talmud Circle (Virtual on Zoom)
Daniel Boyarin: Talmud for Beginners
Howard Simon: Violence and Non-Violence in Jewish Tradition
Jehon Grist: Mexico and Its Jews in a Nutshell
Prof. Paula Fredriksen—Just Like Everybody Else, Only More So: Jewish Romans and the Rise of Christianity
Jehon Grist: Refresher for Incoming Hebrew 3 Students
Ken Blady: Yiddish from Scratch
Ken Blady: Yiddish 2—Lernen Yiddish
Rabbi Peretz Wolf-Prusan: Palo Alto Community Talmud Circle
Rabbi Dorothy Richman: Marin Community Talmud Circle
Rabbi Peretz Wolf-Prusan: San Francisco Community Talmud Circle
Prof. Deena Aranoff: Berkeley Community Talmud Circle
Visit Israel with Rabbi Peretz Wolf-Prusan: Information Session
Diaspora and Homecoming in Jewish Poetry: A Reading and Writing Class
Robert Alter and Ron Hendel: The Bible Now – Qohelet (Ecclesiastes)
Eleanor Shapiro: The Intractable Middle East: Dual Narratives
David Biale—What Really Happened on Hanukkah?
Honey Meir-Levi—Aging with Intention
Natan Meir—Stepchildren of the Shtetl
Jehon Grist—When Israel Was in Egypt’s Land
Jehon Grist—Prayerbook/Biblical Hebrew 1
Jehon Grist—Prayerbook/Biblical Hebrew 3
Jehon Grist—Reading Biblical Hebrew: Jerusalem Falls
Yair Qedar, Robert Alter and Fania Oz-Salzberger—The Fourth Window
Rabbi Peretz Wolf-Prusan: An Introduction to the Bay Area Talmud Circles
Fred Rosenbaum—Liberated, Not Yet Free: Jewish Survivors in the Crucible of Post-War Europe
Time to Cancel “Cancel Culture”?
Honey Meir-Levi: Aging With Intention (In Person Only)
Did you attend this program/series?
1. How would you rate the program overall?
2. As a result of this program (or other New Lehrhaus programs), how likely are you to attend another New Lehrhaus program?
I don't know
3. As a result of this program (or other New Lehrhaus programs), how likely are you to participate in another adult Jewish learning opportunity (besides New Lehrhaus programs)?
I am already deeply involved in Jewish learning.
4. As a result of this program (or other New Lehrhaus programs), how likely are you to participate in another Jewish life experience, e.g. Jewish holiday celebration, Jewish cultural event (besides New Lehrhaus programs)?
I am already deeply involved in Jewish life.
5. Do you identify as any of the following? (Check all that apply, or skip if none do.)
Jew of color
Intermarried/living in a dual-faith/dual tradition family or household
Living with disability
From the former Soviet Union (FSU) or Child of FSU parents
Israeli/Child of Israelis
Unaffiliated with any Jewish institutions
6. Please indicate your age range
20 - 29
30 - 39
40 - 49
50 - 59
60 - 69
70 & Up
7. Have you taken courses in the past with Lehrhaus Judaica or HaMaqom?
Yes: 1 program or course
Yes: 2-3 programs or courses
Yes: 4 or more programs or courses
8. How many New Lehrhaus programs have you attended?
Please enter a number greater than or equal to
9. Please check the subject areas you are very interested in for future programs:
Jewish History & Society
Traditional Texts (e.g. Bible, Talmud)
Philosophy & Theology
Religious Practice and Rituals
Music & Theater
Practical Guidance on Creating a Jewish Life
Introduction to Judaism
10. How did you hear about New Lehrhaus and this program? (Check all that apply.)
New Lehrhaus website or email
J. Weekly email
Email from program instructor/s
Synagogue email or website
A JCC email or website
Another Jewish organization's email or website
Friend/Word of mouth
Other Jewish organization you heard from:
11. Are you a subscriber to the New Lehrhaus email list?
No, but I’m interested
No - not interested
and enter your email address to be added to our email list.
Link will open in a new tab so you don't lose your current survey answers.
If you DID NOT ATTEND, we forgive you... Have you watched (or do you plan to watch) the program recording/s?
Not yet but I plan to
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.